Saturday, July 24, 2010

off a bridge

I had a dream last night that I was on a high bridge, (location relatively unknown) a very high bridge. It is nighttime, dark and windy. Not sure why I am up on this bridge, but have a bad feeling. I notice a man with red hair was struggling with someone up ahead. This was a foot bridge, I guess? So I walk toward them, seeing that they are in distress. I had a feeling that she was trying to stop him from jumping off the bridge and he wasn't interested in hearing it. So I approach them and he walks in my direction, but really not seeing me. He has a panicked look on his face and his hair is curly and blowing behind him. Wild like.

As I reach him I grab his arms and attempt to convince him not to jump. Whatever I say, my plea must be working as he steps back from the rail and listens to me.

Someone grabs my shoulder and forcefully turns me around. I recognize the person from an earlier exchange in the dream. I am unclear what it is we talked about but recall he was angry. The red headed man steps back out of the way. The other man starts edging me toward the rail of the bridge as he yells at me. It feels like it is even windier now. I look down and realize boy this is a very high bridge. Higher than I thought, it looks like one hundred yards at least.

Angry man puts out his hands and pushes me off. 

After a long fall I am in the water and suddenly I see a dog has jumped in the water after me, a weimaraner to be exact. I know it is a female somehow –so odd the details you remember in your dreams. She helps drag me to the shore, and is now my dog. We silently agree on that.

I head inside a cabin. It is warm and the former owners of the dog are there. They are telling me she is my dog. The man who pushed me, is that him? He is in the house too. I try to tell him I survived. I am not angry, just pleading with him to hear me. He doesn't listen.

I wake up, not very rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment